Pages

Lunes, Marso 21, 2011

I LOVE...




I love myself. There are so many things, people, or places to fall in love with and be crazy about but I would first like to start off with myself. Personally pondering over the phrase, I initially thought of it as narcissistic (but I guess it should first cross a boundary before you consider it as a psychiatric condition). I would like to say that I love myself because I want to claim it that way, not that I have a strong sense of insecurity rather, I would like to embrace the things that I have, those that I possess, my strengths and weaknesses. 


"...we can only be humane to ourselves when we are capable to love and accept who we are, what we were made to be."
 I cannot say that I have reached the peak of self-actualization but I can say that I am in the process of accepting my imperfections. It is ironic though, and I think it has been a human nature to instinctively love and accept the things you are good at compared to those that you suck at doing. And I think this poses  a challenge to everyone because how can you overcome your weaknesses when you focus more on your strengths?
                This is the very reason why I have come to realize that I should love myself and now, I am learning to do so. As how Lucille Ball quoted it, “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. 
                I believe that as human beings, we can only be humane to ourselves when we are capable to love and accept who we are, what we were made to be. It wouldn’t be nice to torment yourself of your imperfections and complain relentlessly about them. That would be tiring and you would just feel sorry for yourself because you possess a certain characteristic that you don’t like. Instead of whining about them, why not see the beauty in them? There is a reason God made you that way, and it would be best to maximize whatever that may be. J

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento